2020 rattled humanity to the core. Losses were in the billions, with hundreds of thousands succumbing to the deadly COVID-19 pandemic. Things could have been much worse if it were not for the innovations of technology. Advancements in biomedical technology, application software development, Artificial Intelligence, information technology, and telecommunications helped mitigate both the direct and collateral damage to human society.
Technology permeates through every aspect of our lives, so much so that we tend to feel helpless in its absence. Whether you are availing an online academic writing service for your Capstone Project Assignment Help Online or looking to buy urgent medicines online, technology makes everything easier.
As we move into 2021 and further into the future, technology will play a bigger and more central role in every aspect of our society and our day-to-day activities.
This write-up looks into five up and coming innovative technological trends that we can look forward to and be ready for in the year 2021.
1. As-a-Service models
The rise of cloud computing was groundbreaking for the IT and computer science industry. It enabled the sector to extend its reach drastically and serve a wide variety of businesses.
In recent years, the as-a-service model has caught on like wildfire across different domains. The model makes costly and protracted implementations redundant by offering subscription-based technologies to client businesses. This allows IT companies to reduce their upfront spending, enhances client flexibility, and introduces the clientele to the latest technological advancements.
Cloud computing forms the basis of the as-a-service model and enables it to serve across the spectrum. With IaaS( Infrastructure as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service), SaaS (Software as a Service), and IoT (Internet of Things), the as a service model allows businesses of all sizes to access and reap the benefits of powerful data processing, storage, networking and more.
Here are some brief descriptions of the standard as-a-service models in use today, as noted by IBM.
- Infrastructure as a Service: IaaS is a cloud computing offering where a company provides clients access to several computing resources and infrastructures, such as servers, storage, and networking. Clients use their platforms and applications within the company’s or service provider’s infrastructure.
- Platform as a Service: PaaS is yet another cloud-computing model where a vendor provides a client with the platform to design, develop, run, and test their application. Vendors can also offer storage and other tools to help clients carry out their operations efficiently.
- Software as a Service: SaaS is the cloud-computing model that offers vendors with cloud-based software. Users get access to a software application via a remote cloud network accessed through the Web or an API. These applications help users store & analyze data and carry out projects of varied scale & scope.
2. Artificial Intelligence
AI, Data Science, and Machine Learning have already made inroads into many technologies & devices we use today. From YouTube’s predictive algorithms to intelligent chatbots, machine learning uses data to revolutionize contemporary society.
In 2021, further advancements and AI applications are to occur with Intelligent Process Automation, performance-boosting AI-enabled chips, and more. Let us look at some of the marvels of AI we can expect to see in 2021.
- More and more industries invest in and implement intelligent process automation (IPA) to automate specific tasks with AI. Machine learning algorithms will sort volumes of data and perform intelligent processing.
- AI-enabled chips are the latest trends in the US, and their demands are growing exponentially across sectors. Image processing, computer vision, facial recognition, natural language processing are some areas, which will benefit hugely from AI powers chips. Boosting the performance of AI applications, you may soon find AI chips in your smartphone near the end of 2021.
- 2021 will also see the implementation of data science and AI in cyber-security and data breaches. AI will contribute significantly to cyber-crime prevention and be used in spotting suspicious activity and nefarious patterns.
3. Edge Computing and BlockChain
A step above cloud computing, edge computing will enhance cloud computing, if not replace it in the following decade.
- Edge computing is a rational networking philosophy that aims to bring computing as close to the point of application or source of data as possible. This enables engineers to reduce latency and excessive bandwidth usage.
- Edge computing will slowly enter the mainstream market through apps and streaming services and enhance the already formidable digital services performance.
- By bringing the computing resources closer to the data source, fewer processes on the server will allow for faster processing and reduced bandwidth consumption.
Edge computing will enhance Internet access speed and online data processing & storage drastically.
Blockchain is the latest trend in online crypto-currency, and more & more industries are adopting it due to its enhanced security features.
- A newer but more secure version of Bitcoin, Blockchainis expected to transform the digital fund distribution and administration market.
- Economies around the world are taking steps to implement BlockChain in their finance sectors. Expect BlockChain to play a silent but crucial role the next time you transfer money online.
Blockchain and edge computing have a close interdependent relationship. The need for high processing power and excellent bandwidth to implement Blockchaincan be met with proper edge-computing infrastructure.
4. Big Data and Analytics
2021 will be the year of unlimited possibilities as big data and data analytics will help companies operate with much more efficiency.
Four upcoming trends in 2021 will change the landscape of companies that will implement them.
- Data Meshes: Data is no longer a by-product but an actual product with ownership.
- Data Democracy: Complete access to massive data to everyone in a company, including non-technical and non-managerial employees.
- Continuous Intelligence: Automated and almost real-time support via machine learning that performs lots of data ingesting and processing.
- DataOps: It concerns better data handling during its lifecycle. DataOps monitors data and brings speed & agility to end-to-end data pipeline processes. From delivery to maintenance and support, DataOps takes care of everything.
5. 5G mobile communication
Last but not least is the much-expected 5G communications technology expected to take the consumer market by storm in 2021.
Analysts predict that the 5G market around the globe will grow twofold in 2021. Declining device prices and employment of AI-enabled applications & features will turn mobile devices into powerhouses. The mobile app industry, video streaming services, AR & VR applications, e-commerce, and digital marketing will face massive transformations with the introduction of 5G.
5G will revolutionize data transfer and networking. Students can get access to a plethora of capstone project assignments for programming help services in an instant. Its higher bandwidth allows for faster and more secure connections and lower latency.
2021 will be the year to look forward in terms of technology and its ever-increasing impact on human society. As our dependence on tech tools and services increases, there may come a time when life becomes incomplete without technology. Does that timeline begin in 2021? Let’s wait and find out.
Author – Karim L. Johnson is a prominent data analyst and a tech enthusiast hailing from North Carolina, USA. He is now a data analyst at a reputed firm in New York with vast experience of working in projects in several programming languages at both private and government levels. Karim is also a prolific writer and offers excellent programming help for anyone in need, only at myassignmenthelp.com.