DON’T LIMIT THE PURPOSE OF A LEATHER JACKET
A leather jacket is one of those staples that can’t be caged. Never ever try to set limitations for your leather jacket. If you think a leather jacket is for casual wear, then wear it casually. If it is formal wear, then wear it formally. If you want to wear it at cosplay, then buy the Arkham Knight Jacket and wear it like a boss. Just don’t limit the use and the purpose of your leather jacket.
You know some of the most raised queries of fashion geeks who work in formal or informal work settings are about finding appropriate ways through which you can merge fashion trends and work outfits together? They seek something that is trendy, fun, appropriate, and easy to carry work-clothing. And do you know what that one thing that can add a stylish forge and variety to your daily dull and boring looking outfits is? It is your leather jacket.
YAY OR NAY?
It is normal to procrastinate, and it is normal having second thoughts, especially when you are up to something new and daring. Deciding on wearing something leathery in your workplace is surely something daring and risky that you would be doing. But all that risk you are taking is worth it. One has to normalize this for the fashion industry.
The real question is a leather jacket in the workplace is a yay or nay?
All that you are doing with your leather jacket is totally up to you and your imagination. You are allowed to play with a leather jacket as far as you are not overdoing it. And this is the point we are trying to make here. Choose the right leather for your office environment, and style it even more likely. Don’t make a huge deal out of it. Don’t wear it too tight or too heavy, and don’t try to impress yourself with zippers.
To get a clear idea about the leather jackets at your workplace, simply replace your plain blazers and cardigans with a leather jacket. If you are a Blazer wearer, then you do have an idea of how you are supposed to wear it and carry it in the right way. For so many people out there, a leather jacket that is too baggy or too oversized is sloppy outerwear. And that is for sure a NAY.
Another type of people who think that leather jackets are nay in a work station, they have a very strong point to make. That is, climate change and different temperatures at different workplaces ruined your mood for something leathery. They are not wrong, but they are partially correct. Because you can adjust your leather with Pleather.
LEATHER JACKET FOR MEN
For any men with good fashion sense or a bad fashion sense, a leather jacket is an essential asset they have in their wardrobes. For men, a leather jacket is perfect apparel that gives a balanced vibe to them. Modern and elegant. For boys who are mostly too lazy to make efforts, leather jackets are a game-changer for them. That too in an effortless way. So let’s cherish all the happiness that boys hold for leather jackets.
Indecisiveness is real when a casual-looking polished jacket is asked to do more than what it has actually been doing. Some blueprints are below to make your life easier, which men can follow in order to slay their workplace outfits.
Breaking the help into what you can do and what you should never do:
- Things that you can do. You can always play with the color choices of your shirt and trouser. Lighten them, darken them, adjust them according to whether it is all up to you.
- Let’s be honest, everyone likes to work in an easy space, so try to wear lightweight, nice and comfortable jackets.
- When choosing your jacket color, always try to stick with black and brown.
- Motorcycle jackets are cool, but only for school. Just kidding. You can wear them on several occasions, but the workplace is not a place to wear them.
- Don’t play a lot with the colors of your jacket. We are telling you not a good area to play.
- Avoid repeating again. Avoid loading your jacket with studs and zippers. Keep it simple.
You know what a fancier and more suitable word we can use is. Decide for your business casual attire with leather jackets. We are spilling seven stylish ideas that you can carry.
- Any jacket that has a minimal design is the best fit for your business attire. And when we are talking about minimal looks, then obviously Cafe Racer Jackets are the ones we can choose. Choose a basic color of Cafe Racer and pair it with a white shirt, and then black jeans or pants. To add a more official look, wear formal shoes with it.
- A bomber can slip in, but with terms and conditions. Choose a black bomber without any over and extra ornaments on it, and pair it up with a plain clean buttoned-up shirt. Wear a black dress pant with the look.
- A brown-colored leather Blazer can actually look pretty decent. And what is better than decent business attire. Don’t keep this misconception in your head that you can replace a suit with this blazer because you can’t. Leather blazers are a fancier and formal version of your leather jacket, but they are a casual version of your suit. Top it up with your regular business attire.
- One more way through which you can achieve a formal look for your workplace. Wear a woolen sweater over a nice formal shirt, and then top it off with a brown or black jacket. In this look, you should definitely wear a pretty black tie. Altogether, it will create a refined business casual look.
- We hope you are ready to welcome this one idea—our personal favorite. A shirt collar-designed jacket is a very simple minimal, and pretty decent match with your check trousers/pants.
- A printed waistcoat or vest can surprisingly go well together with a plain black leather jacket. Just make sure the shirt that you are wearing beneath your waistcoat, it should be of light color. A formal dress pant will make your overall attire look classy.
- Another way you can wear a bomber with your business casual attire is by wearing a plain brown bomber jacket on a three-piece suit. A minimal-looking bomber with rib-knitted cuffs can make you look tough and formal at the same time.
If you are looking for a single piece, then always and always go for a cafe racer jacket. They are the best ones that can go with your business casual attire.
If you are feeling courageous, we suggest you try wearing the leather batman red hood jacket to work. So please never wear costumes to your workplace. A fine line is defined. Don’t push it too much. Or else you can end up looking like a joker or an entertainer.
Author – Emilia David is a content writer and strategist in The movie fashion with her fashion design expertise. She has been a part of the fashion industry for 10 years, and her area of expertise includes men’s biker jackets.