Nainital has been a go-to destination for many travelers, be it solo travelers, couples, or families. If you’ve been recently married or are planning a family trip for the upcoming weekend, we’ve put together a list of the best tourist attractions to visit in Nainital in 2 days.
The awe-inspiring mountains of Nainital, the peaceful environment, the sparkling lakes, and the to-die-for scenery will make your 2 day Nainital trip memorable.
Nainital has such amazing places to visit that you cannot cover them in just 2 days. That’s why take a look at the places to visit in Nainital in 2 days for a fun and relaxing weekend.
1. Naina Peak
Visit Naina Peak to see the best views of Nainital. As it is located at an altitude of 2,615 meters, imagine the mesmerizing views you will see from here. Snow-clad peaks and pleasant weather will make your visit to Naina Peak worth it. Locals also refer to it as China Peak as it is the highest in this hill station. The best part is that you can ride a pony to witness the beauty from the peak.
- Tips – Eateries are not available here. Bring food and a water bottle with you.
- Entry Fee – None
- Timings – 8.00 am to 5.30 pm
2. Snow View Point
To enjoy recreational activities in Nainital, add Snow View Point to your 2 days Nainital tour packages. It is surrounded by abundant natural beauty and is the perfect base for romantic couples to kindle love. If you are with kids, it is a must-visit tourist attraction in Nainital in 2 days trip. Restaurants and gift shops are present here where you can savor delicious meals. Remember the place gets colder after sunset, so bring warmer clothes with you.
- Tips – A good pair of shoes are a must. Plus, bring pullovers, jackets, and gloves to this place.
- Entry Fee – Children: INR 200 per person, Adults: INR 300 per person
- Timings – 10.30 am to 5.00 pm, open all days of the week except Saturdays
3. Nainital High Altitude Zoo
The first zoological park in Uttarakhand, Nainital High Altitude Zoo is positioned at an altitude of 2,100 meters. First found in 1984, it is now a favored place for families with kids visiting Nainital for a weekend trip. Animals and birds including White Peafowl, Japanese Macaque, Golden Pheasant, and the Himalayan Beer can be seen here. Wildlife conservation programs are also organized to educate people and many debates, quizzes, and painting competitions are held for the entertainment of tourists as well.
- Tips – Do not litter the area to keep the environment for animals and birds clean.
- Entry Fee – Children: INR 20 per person, Adults: INR 50 per person
- Timings – 10.00 am to 4.30 pm, open all days of the week except Mondays
4. Naina Devi Temple
How can you visit Nainital and not go to Naina Devi Temple? It is one of the prime tourist attractions to see in Nainital on a 2 days trip. The temple is dedicated to Naina Devi, an incarnation of Maa Sati. So, the temple is highly revered by devotees of Lord Shiva. Besides, the views from this hilltop location are breathtaking and will fill your heart with joy. The temple has idols of Maa Kali and Lord Ganesha, and of course, Maa Naina Devi, offering a holy and mystical vibe to the temple.
- Tips – The time to visit here will be during the 8 days long Navratri festival for a culturally rich experience.
- Entry Fee – None
- Timings – 6.00 am to 10.00 pm, open all days of the week
5. Naini Lake
If you want to enjoy boating amidst captivating mountain views, Naini Lake is among the top places to visit in Nainital on 2 days tour. It is a natural freshwater lake situated amidst Nainital’s main town and is a big part of the city’s tourism. People who visit Nainital often enjoy boat rides on the sparkling waters of the lake and click pictures with mountains in the background. In the third week of June, the Annual Kingfisher Yachting Competition is held here. There is famous folklore connected to the lake, which any local would tell you.
- Tips – Book a hotel or a homestay near the lake and wake up to a glorious sunrise.
- Boating Price – INR 160 for rowboat – half-round, INR 210 for rowboat – full round, INR 210 per hour for paddle boating
- Boating Timings – 6.00 am to 6.00 pm
6. Land’s End
Sit atop Land’s End and enjoy the spectacular views of the city of Nainital. A perfect way to relax your mind after a hectic week, it is the best tourist attraction to visit for 2 days Nainital trip. Encompassed by Kumaon hills and Khurpa Lake, you will enjoy the cool breeze and peaceful environment at Land’s End. Trek to the top and capture some amazing photographs for your Instagram. Horse riding is an activity you will thoroughly enjoy here.
- Tips – There are no boundaries at Land’s End, so watch your step.
- Entry Fee – None
- Timings – You can visit any time of the day.
7. Tiffin’s Top
Also known as Dorothy Seat, Tiffin’s Top is perched at a height of 2,292 m and offers majestic views of the lofty peaks. If you are planning a picnic and want to try photography, it will be your best choice. You can capture oak trees, cherry trees, and the mighty Naina Devi Peak from here. People used to trek here to have their lunch and that’s how this place got its name. Another tale says that this place is a memorial of Dorothy Kelley, an English artist.
- Tips – If you have eatables with you, keep the wrappers in your bag and throw them in the dustbin. Keep the environment clean.
- Entry Fee – None, pony ride uphill price – INR 500 to INR 700 per person
- Timings – 6.00 am to 6.00 pm
8. Kainchi Dham
Visit Kainchi Dham to see a mix of spirituality and beauty. Whether you are a spiritual seeker or a nature lover, Kainchi Dham is one of the best religious places to visit in Nainital in 2 days. Kainchi Dham has a famous Hanuman Temple, which was founded by Neem Karoli Baba in the 1960s. But the temple got famous after ex-CEO of Apple, Steve Jobs, who visited this place to find some answers. Later, he encouraged Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook’s CEO, to visit Kainchi Dham for a push in his career.
- Tips – You can stay at Kainchi Dham Ashram but for that, you have to write a letter first requesting to stay here and for how many days.
- Entry Fee – None
- Timings – 5.00 am to 4.00 pm, open all days of the week
9. Tibetan Market
End your 2 days trip to Nainital with shopping. Also called Bhotia Market, head to Tibetan Market to get yourself Tibetan clothes, bags, scarves, artificial jewelry, ethnic wear, shrugs, and loads more. Shopaholics will love this place as it is a bustling market packed with clothes of all kids and that too at attractive prices. There are restaurants available at the market too, where you can taste some local delicacies.
- Tips – You can use your bargaining skills here and buy the items at half of the displayed price.
- Entry Fee – None
- Timings – 9.00 am to 10.00 pm, open all days of the week.
Excited to plan a 2 day Nainital trip? Indian Holiday Pvt. Ltd. provides meticulously crafted Nainital packages including transfers, meals, hotels, and sightseeing tours. Whether you are looking for a budget or leisure trip, honeymoon, or family trip, all your requirements will be fulfilled. You can choose from 2 days Nainital tours and local sightseeing packages or customize the itinerary for a hassle-free trip to the ‘City of Lakes’.