More often than not, we come across online scams and steal credit card information, now and then. For whatever privacy and security reasons, most of us like to avoid putting our personal information out in public to steer apparent fraud. For its unconventional and seemingly innovative device, the Amazon Firestick, Amazon has revolutionized the home TV entertainment landscape.
Only do you have access to some standard TV channels, but with the help of Firestick in your pocket, it also allows you to experience entertainment, well beyond cable limitations. So, here’s a quick tutorial on how to download apps on Firestick without using your credit card information.
Steps To Download Apps
- Firstly, open a web browser and go to the Amazon website. Visit www.amazon.com, if you’re based out of the US or www.amazon.in, if you’re from India or other Amazon domains depending upon which country you’re in.
- Under the Accounts & Lists section, click on the ‘Start Here’ option to create your account. Fill out your name, email, and password details.
- Soon, you’re going to receive a code to your email, which is supposed to be used to verify your email address on Amazon.
- Copy and paste the code from your email onto Amazon, and click on the ‘Verify’ button.
- Once the account has been set up, under the Accounts & Lists section, click on the ‘Your Account’ option, and go to ‘Your Addresses.’
- Enter your name, phone number, postcode, street address, city, country details in the form displayed, and click on the ‘Add Address’ button.
- After you’re done with this process, you get a confirmation with a green tick saying – Address saved.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and click on ‘1-Click Settings’ under the Related section.
- Next to your saved address, click on the ‘Make Default’ button.
- Soon after, a window pops up, asking for credit/debit card details, and you can simply click on the cross button on the top-right corner.
- You get another confirmation with a green tick saying – Default 1-Click updated.
- Set up the Firestick, and choose your desired language.
- The next step is to connect to a network and type in the password.
- You’ll be given two options – 1. I already have an Amazon account. 2. I am new to Amazon.
- Now that you’ve already created an Amazon account, you can proceed with the first option to enter your Amazon login ID, which is essentially the email address you’ve used earlier to sign up for the account.
- Press the play pause button after you’ve finished entering the email ID to type in your password.
The Next Steps
After successful registration, you’re going to be posed with a question – Do you want to use this account? Press on the ‘Continue’ option, and you have the choice to either save your Wi-Fi passwords to Amazon or not. It’s entirely up to you.
Next, you can either enable parental controls, which allows you to require a PIN before playing content on Amazon Prime, launching or purchasing content and apps which might be notably worth it if you’ve got kids in the house or choose to continue with the process.
There’s going to be a series of tasks where you can toggle the volume buttons, and your Fire TV remote would be successfully set up.
There are many apps that you can download for free, and they don’t require a paid subscription.
- On your home screen, go to the search bar, a magnifying glass, and search for whatever apps you’d want to download.
- Type in the name, and once the screen loads, click on the ‘Download’ button.
- If you just browse through various apps, you can do that on the home screen’s Apps section and download it from there.
- For example, you can download the YouTube app and browse through a diverse range of content.
- Here’s a list of other popular apps that you can download on Firestick – BBC iPlayer, Crackle, Pluto TV, Kodi, Twitch, Spotify, etc.
TechyHost.com recommends another alternative, which is an app called – Downloader.
- Once you’re done installing it, go back to the home screen, and under the Settings section, go to My Fire TV and click on Developer options.
- Make sure you turn on both ADB Debugging and Apps from Unknown Sources. Go back to the Downloader app, and type in the URL of an application you’d want to download.
- You can just research the free applications that are available online if you have no clue.
However, be cautious of the number of downloads because Firestick does have low storage capacity and would cause significant problems like overheating or buffering, etc.