- Riding a bicycle is one of the most low-impact and fun exercises to help lower the risks associated with leading a sedentary lifestyle.
- Cycling not only allows you to cut down on weight, but it also improves your sex life, protects you from some cancers, saves the planet, and helps you look younger.
- Bike riding is easy to fit into your routine by cycling to work, to the park, and even to school.
They say you cannot forget how to ride a bike. Therefore, if you are looking to rekindle your youth or adopt new hobbies, climb aboard your two-wheeler and enjoy the health benefits of cycling 15 minutes a day.
Cycling Exercise Benefits
It doesn’t matter if you are looking to boost your health or bank balance, or support the green movement. Taking up cycling for 15 minutes a day can be one of the best decisions you will make.
Are you not convinced yet? Here are reasons to ride your bike today.
- It Helps with Weight Loss: Everyone is looking for the best weight loss tips on the internet. However, one of the oldest yet most effective ways to shed off excess fat is cycling.
According to fitness experts, riding a bicycle can burn up to 500 calories per hour. That means that 15 minutes of cycling a day will help you eliminate 33 calories, which is equivalent to consuming a bowl of fresh fruit as a snack.
Moreover, you will boost your metabolism and increase muscle mass, which surprisingly enables you to burn more calories even while resting.
- It Promotes Mental Wellbeing: An Illinois University study found that cycling for fitness led to a 15% improvement in mental test scores.
Cycling allows for blood vessel dilation, which promotes better oxygen flow and blood supply to your brain. It also helps your brain to make more nerve cells. Increased nerve cells boost the production of brain cells, which let you process information faster. It also helps to keep your mind alert, promotes creativity, and improves your problem-solving skills.
- It Improves Work Efficiency: Cycling will also make your boss appreciate you more since the low-impact exercise improves your time and workload management, enhances your interpersonal performance, and boosts your motivation and ability to manage stressful situations.
- It is Environmentally-Friendly: Bicycling for exercise also allows you to reduce your carbon footprint. Cycling also helps you save on time from being stuck in traffic, and you do not have to fight for parking space – twenty bikes can be parked in the same area as one minivan.
- It Improves One’s Sex Life: Every bike enthusiast knows that cycling is a sexy sport – who can resist the muscles in tight Endura shorts?
Well, according to health experts, cycling works magic for your sex life. It boosts your vascular health, enhances your sex drive, does wonders for your confidence, and trains your sex muscles, leading to more prolonged intercourse.
Cycling Exercise Benefits for Ladies
Bicycling is an exciting sports activity that can slowly become your fitness mantra. Here are some of the benefits of 15 minutes cycling for women:
- It Promotes Sleep: After dealing with stress-elevating situations all day, cycling can help you relax and even help you sleep soundly. The low-impact exercise is especially effective among women who have insomnia and lead deskbound lives.
- It Allows for A Healthier Pregnancy: Years ago, medical practitioners were skeptical about exercising during pregnancy, but with improvements in the health sector, they now recommend it for healthier pregnancies.
It has been proven that cycling for 15 minutes a day can prevent you from gaining excess pregnancy weight, less complicated labor, and quick recovery post-partum. Cycling also boosts in-utero brain development and reduces the chances of your baby becoming obese.
Nonetheless, if you are thinking of cycling after the first trimester, you should be careful of your changing center of gravity, making it challenging to balance on a road bike.
- It Improves Your Social Life: One of the best ways to fight depression is by improving your social life while also maintaining your health status, and cycling does this.
There are cycling clubs you can join where you can meet like-minded bike enthusiasts. Even though it is not the first thing you might consider when cycling, riding with others while chatting can lower stress levels and make the sport friendly. So, get out, share your biking experiences, and expand your social circle.
- It Saves on Money: Cycling every day can help you save on transport costs – money you can use for your next vacation. By just investing in a functional bike with reliable safety gear, you can reduce the risks of breast cancer, improve your bowel movement, and save thousands in cash.
Cycling Exercise Benefits for the Skin
- Cycling Supports Skin Health. One of the most underrated benefits of cycling for 15 minutes a day is its impact on one’s skin. A new study has shown that regular cycling allows your body to optimize collagen production, eliminating fine wrinkles. It also promotes the delivery of nutrients to your skin cells, allows your skin to heal faster after injuries, and reduces the toxic build-up to help you look younger.
Just do not forget to apply sunscreen to safeguard yourself from harsh UV radiation as you ride into the sunset!
The health benefits of cycling 15 minutes a day will improve your body, mind, and soul. Therefore, if you already own a bike, get out for a quick ride and take off some world pressures. In any case, 15 minutes is easy. You can do it!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Lose Belly Fat by Cycling?
Yes, you can. Even though cycling does not shed off as much tummy fat as crunches and burpees, the aerobics nature of bike riding means you are burning fat.
However, to get the most out of it, you can cycle regularly, adopt a quick belly fat burning program, and improve your diet. You might also want to check out Razalean reviews and determine how the supplement may elevate your metabolism and boost the fat-burning process.
Is a 10-Minute Cycling A Day Enough?
Yes! Whether you take a ten-minute ride around the neighborhood, sign up for an indoor cycling class or be part of a one-hour bike race, the low-impact exercise offers you a wealth of benefits.
How Much Should I Cycle A Day to Lose Weight?
Studies show that you need to cycle at moderately intense levels for about 30 minutes a day to shed off the extra calories. To cut down even more weight, you might want to consider cycling for longer.
The American Council on Exercise (ACE) even suggests including two intense activities into one cross-training program to help you lose weight significantly.
Author – Sophia Anthony is a freelance writer and blogger, covering health and fitness topics through visual representation. She is very passionate about general health and beauty. Apart from work she likes dancing and listening to music. You can also contact her on Facebook, and Instagram.