Weddings are always special. After all this marks the beginning of a new phase of life for you. That is why it is a must that you make it flawless.
Now the wedding preparations are a lot of hard work and in this case there are certain things that are nice to know and then there are some that are a must to know. These are essential facts that have helped brides across the world to actually organise an event of their dreams.
So if you, too, are awaiting your wedding, then here are some of the professional tips that can help you out during this time. Just take a look.
- Plan in Advance – When you are planning an event, you should know that the procrastination is the worst enemy that you can face. So you must act today. Start planning 8-12 months prior to your wedding date to fulfil your wishes. All you have to do is create a master plan and adhere to it.
- Fix a Budget -The weddings can be an expensive affair. You can find yourself adding to your master-list even till the last minute. This is not included in your set budget and thus you spend extra through it. Create a budget and stick to it. If you feel that you may have a wish-list that can come to your mind as the event nears, you should include those expenditures into the set budget right from the beginning.
You should try not to exceed the set budget right from day one.
For example, if you overspend on the flowers, you must cut back from something else. You should prioritise the big spend items and the must-have ones at first. See to it that these must be on budget. The last-minute wish-list items can be cut off at anytime.
- Think about the Guests First – Prior to opting for the venue you should grip on the approximate number of guests. This will make sure there is an ample space for your crew. You should know that you have to allot at least 25-30 sq. feet each attendee. That may look big but it is not that large if you consider the space that you will require for the band, bustling waiters, the tables and dance floor.
- Choose the Vital Details Carefully – Once you have a budget you should have a clear-cut timeline for mapping out the dates on the calendar. You can get many famous websites on the internet which offer timeline checklists. You can start following these.
Next you have to prepare the guest list and stick to it.
Once the list is complete you have to select the wedding venue and theme. You should meet the owners of venue and try to get a list of services that they offer. After that ask for a formal quote and check whether they have the date available.
You also need to review this contract and those with the vendors prior to signing the venue. You have to analyse the services that the venue is going to offer. You can also stop by and check if they are hosting any party. This way you will know how the venue will look when it is full of guests and well-decorated and well-lit.
- Focus on the Food and Drink – Food and drinks are the single most essential thing that everyone is going to remember much after the wedding. So apart from great hospitality you also have to critically make a menu that won’t go over-budget and at the same time will be scrumptious for your attendees that they will enjoy to the core. Again you should keep nobody thirsty or hungry during the day. So create a list that will force them to look forward to your treat. Again, after ceremony the guests can feel exhausted and famished post the ceremony. This is particularly the case if they have been travelling and have not gone for lunch. The substantial snacks are necessary if you are partying late at night.
- Expect Challenges – There are no weddings under the sun that can come off without any challenge. So you must anticipate about something not going as planned and when it does, you as the host can either be well-prepared to have the day-of coordinator jump in for tackling the issue or just let it go. The logistic can often get overlooked. So you or your planner must be in the checklist twice or thrice.
There are many things that can turn topsy-turvy here like missing centrepieces, zippers on dresses, not knowing where to place a vendor and so on. You must maintain your cool and stay calm. Try to keep a backup plan for everything.
The experts of reputed event company opine that wedding is not for the faint-hearted and so you should be quick on your feet and handle any crisis assertively. And don’t hesitate to ask for help from friends as well as professionals when the need arises.
Author – Nitesh Ranjan is a digital marketing expert with a keen interest in topics, trends, and ideas related to brand promotion and advertising. He regularly shares information on the ways to market businesses across digital channels for better ROI, increased conversions and more sales. His blog can help anyone interested in boosting the online visibility in the digital world and eyeing access to a wider and bigger marketplace without spending big on marketing. Trust his digital marketing knowledge to enhance your brand’s presence on the internet.