We’re often told to dress nicely and work on our appearance. This is because our values, personality, and attributes are showcased through our appearance. Similarly, the exterior of the house you reside in has all your character and personality traits written on it.
You may think having a sliding glass door or a wooden door is all a matter of choice and taste, but it depicts your personality. It is highly recommended that you choose the colour and shape of your doors, windows, and home walls, keeping in mind how your choices will reflect you to everyone who stops at your place.
The Windows Of Your Home
Windows are a vital part of your building’s exterior. Better the design of your windows, better the look and feel of your house elevation. Interestingly, windows also represent your personality!
Square and rectangular shaped windows are more commonly seen. However, round shapes, focal points, and accents are also some of the many options you can choose to shape your windows. Round windows have diverse uses; they are made in a traditional way, depicting the old British architecture, while modern-day designers make focal point round-shaped windows using ultra-modern designs.
If you seek to stand out, you should choose unique shapes like octagons and hexagons, that aren’t seen in a lot of houses. Having these unique shapes of windows is a reflection of how daring and brave you are; eager to try new things.
Using New Textures
The stones you use, on the elevation, have textures. Different textures exhibit different attributes of personality. For instance, plain textures on the front of your building may denote decency and simplicity. Conversely, rough and rugged textures imply that you have a penchant for adventure. Ledgestone is mostly used for rough textured stones.
What Does Your Front Door Say About You
Research says that people develop first impressions about your personality mostly based on the colour of your modern composite door. The attributes like intelligence, welcoming, adventurous, or mysterious are all depicted through different colours.
- Navy Blue: Usually navy blue colour defines sophistication and intelligence. People with high IQ levels choose this colour
- Yellow: If you’re a person who always radiates positive vibes and welcomes everyone, yellow is the colour that defines you
- Grey: if you choose to have your front door coloured in grey, people will judge you as a sincere, honest, and trustworthy person.
- Black: people who paint their front doors black are commonly considered to be mysterious.
- Red: The most vibrant colour red is associated with passion and adventure.
- Cream/off white: tranquillity, calmness, and peace are the attributes depicted by cream colour
- Pink: The colour pink is worn and chosen by people who are very social and extroverted.
Your Home Is A Reflection Of You
There isn’t an objective answer to what design and colour you should always choose. This is mostly about creativity, imagination, and a combination of colour, design, and texture that suits your personality.
People opt to mix a variety of elements like different textures-smooth and rough- coupled with a bright yellow colour front door with round-shaped black windows, all these elements working together will create a different perspective than each of them used separately.