Do you have a new Shopify store and want to boost business growth? Then you might find this article interesting, where you will get tips about hacks that can help you grow your Shopify store.
Growth boosting is not an overnight process where you apply some settings at your Shopify store, and it starts delivering the results. Initially, it is tough to predict what will work or what not, but yes, based on the expert’s recommendations from top Shopify development companies, you can apply some hacks.
So, let’s start with these!
Top-10 Shopify Hacks That Make Business Grow
1. Make It Easy for New Customers
The Internet is full of information and whatever you want to search for you can have you thought why it takes much time to search for something sometimes? The reason is that the related content is not up to the mark per search engine algorithms. Now here comes the first trick!
Write a catchy product description that a search engine can pick easily and showcase the results. You will be surprised to know that after e-commerce sites, people used to search on Google, Bing, and other search engines. As per a survey by Kenshoo, over 85% of customers search Google to purchase the products. So, the first hack you can apply is optimizing your product details and descriptions per search engine.
2. Image Optimization
Do you know what attracts customers first? If not, then it is the product image. But there is one thing that you also need to keep in mind. It is okay that high resolutions images look attractive, but it takes time to load, especially when internet connection speed is low. So, when uploading the product image, compress and optimize it so it can be loaded quickly on any browser using any internet connection. It is considered one of the top Shopify hacks. If you can do it manually, then okay, but if not, you can also use some plugins such as Plugin Speed or others.
3. Shopify Hack That Prevents Cart Abandonment
Most store owners struggle with cart abandonment. It is one of the biggest challenges for every online business, whether a Shopify store, e-commerce platform, or individual e-commerce website. As top Shopify experts recommend here, you can use a Shopify hack, a countdown timer that most of the top e-commerce sites, such as Amazon and others. There are two ways to implement the countdown timer: countdown for the offer availability for a specific time and countdown time for activating the coupon code. Both are considered good practices and one of the best Shopify hacks in 2023. Additionally, you have the data related to customers who have left the cart even after adding the product. In that case, you can send an initial reminder message or mail it only occasionally.
4. A Mobile-Friendly Store
There are 6.92 billion smartphone users, around 86.29% of the total population (2023), and by 2028 it will be 7.8 billion. Selling on mobile platforms such as Android and iOS is beneficial as most users prefer mobile shopping. So, a simple but powerful Shopify hack makes your Shopify store mobile friendly. Users must find it easy to shop from your store using a mobile app. What you can do is:
- Make your site responsive using themes
- Optimize popups to prevent the distractions
- Optimize your content as per mobile SEO
- Optimize your site speed
All these can help you to make your online store mobile store.
5. Guest Checkout
Some users find it uninteresting to register on the websites to purchase the products. It can also be a good Shopify hack to apply for growth boosting. The guest checkout process can help most customers to purchase the products immediately. By providing a few details, the users can make purchases. The best thing is Shopify supports the guest checkout process.
6. Use Grow My Store from Google
Although Google is a search engine, it provides multiple tools for businesses, such as for showcasing business information you can use Google Business. One of the best tools Google provides for online businesses is Grow My Store. You can leverage it for your store to peak sales. It works like this; first, you must put your URL into the tab and then click on – Get Started. Once the link is submitted, it will analyze your store and provide detailed insights and recommendations to improve your business & store. It helps in identifying the areas for improvement. It also provides access to personalized users and market trends. Another best thing is it also provides guidance based on the collected business data from tools like G-Pay, Google AdSense, Google Shopping, and more. It is one of the best hacks you can try for your business.
7. Leverage Your User Strength for Marketing
Do not get confused by the title!
In all terms, it is possible to leverage your user strength for marketing if your question is how? Then it works with the help of social media and hashtags. Make a professional account on social media channels like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc., and create attractive hashtags for your brand so the users will find it interesting. You can also run a contest for sharing hashtags and offer some discount codes or coupons upon sharing a maximum number of hashtags. A real-time example is Instagram shopping-
- Over 82% of retail brands are focusing on using Instagram shopping features.
- 90% of users follow business profiles on Instagram.
- Over 130 million Instagram users tap on shopping posts.
8. Leverage Feedback for Improvement
One useful Shopify hack for your store to peak sales is to focus on honest customer feedback. You can make it open for all on sites such as Reddit or Quora and ask people to provide their reviews about your store and products. Once you receive it, then read and analyze what people mentioned. Based on it, you can improve your online Shopify store and services.
9. Simplify the Shopping Experience
Most online shoppers prefer those shopping sites offering simplified shopping processes. So, for the growth of your business, it is your responsibility to do it. What you can do is:
- One of the successful business growth hacks is thinking about the people, not the brand. The people will shop for themselves and do not care about you. So, make your Shopify store according to the needs of people, not only just for selling the goods.
- Make the product-finding process as smooth as possible. Your Shopify site must provide ample options to the customers so they can easily find the right product at the right time.
- Nobody likes to fill in a long-form checkout form, so make it simple and concise. Do not ask for too many details except crucial ones from the customers. It will make their checkout process easy.
- If you need technical assistance to make shopping easy on your site, then it is better to hire a Shopify development company having experience in it.
10. Free Shipping
Over 70% of shoppers abandon the cart due to the shipping price. What if you offer free shipping? The customers will like it as no one wants to pay for shipping except for paying for the purchase. But yes, from the business point of view, you can play with the offers like – Shipping is free for orders of $150 or above. It will directly increase your sales and engagement with more customers.
Benefits of Applying Shopify Hacks in 2023
- Increased revenue & profit
- Enhanced user experience
- Better brand identity
- Better visibility
- Low start-up costs
- Simplified store setup & experience
- Applying marketing practices easily
Now let’s conclude the list of Shopify hacks you can consider in 2023 to use for your store.
- Use SEO-effective product descriptions
- Creating a loyalty program
- Converting visitors to customers with discounts
- Creating a referral program
- Set the right price
- Making sure your store is mobile friendly
- Collaborating with influencers
- SEO-driven content
- Product page & image optimization
- Choosing the suitable Shopify template
- Leverage social media platforms for marketing
The Final Thoughts
Now you have top Shopify hacks with you that can provide you with excellent results if you apply. But have a clear thought in your mind that nothing is perfect in this world, so whatever hack you are going to use, think about it with a 360-degree view to modify it as per your needs. If you need more help, consult a reputed Shopify development services provider.