Music, education, healthcare, shopping, books – almost everything related to our daily lives is getting digitally transformed. Now it’s the turn of traditional paper business cards to get converted into digital cards. If you own a business, then you must have your business cards ready to be handed over to your potential clients.
Traditional business cards offer a lot of benefits and digital business cards have added a couple more to them. For instance, for people who work with plenty of vendors, clients, and suppliers, finding that particular card from the stack of cards can be time-consuming and messy. With a digital business card, all the required information is right there in the palm of your hand. You don’t even need to worry about the card getting lost.
It also offers the freedom to clients to access information from anywhere and anytime. There’s no need to carry a bunch of cards everywhere you go. But, how do you get one built? Luckily, creating a digital business card isn’t going to cost an arm and leg nor is it going to be some nerve-racking process.
There are some useful applications available for business personnel with which they can create informative and attractive digital business cards. This article mentions seven such applications that will help you have your own virtual business cards which are designed to resonate with your business and your persona.
Packed with seamless features, Inigo is an application that offers cloud-based solutions to help entrepreneurs and enterprises manage their digital cards without much hassle. It has customizable design templates that help users to create custom-tailored cards with company and employee info and high-quality images.
Though Inigo is available on both Android and iOS (iPad and iPhone), it is web-based and can be accessed through a browser too. Inigo can be used for free but it comes with subscription plans too, which give users access to some premium features. Some notable features of this app include:
- In-app scanning and real-time analytics
- CRM integrations
- Efficient contact management and customizable reports
- Social media integration and email management
- Live chat and interaction tracking
SnapDat is an excellent digital card creation app consisting of superlative features. Cards created on this platform are termed as SnapCards. It houses more than 40 designs for creating your own personalized card, and each design comes with its own unique set of fonts, layouts, and styles.
In addition, it also lets you keep your traditional business card in e-format. But the best part is that with SnapDat, you can create cards for multiple purposes. It can be downloaded and used for free but the only problem is that it is available only for iPhones. Some exclusive features of this platform are:
- Availability of multiple design layouts for inserting the company logo
- Integration with iPhone Address book and automatic contact addition
- Easy sharing options including email and app
- Enables the creation of professional SnapCards for other contacts
- Ability to send messages during the exchange of SnapCards
Haystack is another recognized application used for the creation of virtual business cards. One of the biggest advantages of using Haystack is that the QR code or unique URL can be shared with people who don’t use the app. It easily syncs the contact information with the phone and enables card receivers to directly store information on their phones.
The app features a plethora of customizable design options that help users create cards that complement their organization’s professional identity. In addition, it also offers integration with some of the most useful applications like Gmail, Salesforce, Twitter, and Mailchimp. The explicit features of Haystack are:
- Business card scanner to scan information from paper cards
- Built-in analytics (available for the paid version)
- Automatic synchronization of new contacts into the database
- Provision to set up contactless digital cards for up to 200 employees
- Secure sharing of information as it is SSL certified and has been rated ‘A’ grade by Qualys
L-Card is an ultra-modern digital business card creator and comes with some amazing tools. Individuals and enterprises can use it to build as many electronic cards as they want. It offers a Business Card Design Suite and has over a thousand preloaded templates for tailoring personalized designs. L-Card even allows you to send pre-recorded videos of 30 seconds.
Apart from having first-class design options, L-Card also has cutting-edge tools like Gallery which enable clients to add up to 9 scrollable images, and a CTA feature with which clients can create a clickable, customized button and take end-users directly to the product, service, or event that is being promoted. Other top-notch features of L-Card include:
- Card creation options for promotions and campaigns
- Social media integration and attachment options for videos, documents, and images
- Seamless integration with other useful apps like CRM, HubSpot, Calendly, and Zoho
- A permitted card exchange tool called Card Radar for the easy and safe exchange of business information
- Analytics suite to get valuable insights related to your card
Camcard is considered one of the most innovative business card apps because of its intuitive features. It has the ability to read and scan cards in more than 17 languages. It has a simple and easy-to-use interface which makes it immensely popular among beginners. All they need to do is scan a paper card and then tweak them into shareable online cards.
A great thing about Camcard is that users can select the option to receive notifications and in this way, they can stay updated with any important news about their business contact. For instance, if one of your contacts is having an event and has updated it on the profile, then you instantly come to know about it. Now we look at some of its cool features that include:
- Add reminders, notes and tags for cards
- Retrieve information from users’ social media feeds
- Ability to be exported in Excel format
- Reliable and safe cloud-storage solutions
- Seamless connection with premium CRMs like Microsoft Dynamics, SugarCRM and Salesforce
HiHello is the most user-friendly virtual electronic business card creator out there. It is completely customizable and can run on iOS, Android and even on web browsers. A big benefit of using HiHello is that you can share your business card through HiHello without revealing your personal number.
Users can create highly professional digital business cards for themselves as well as for their entire team. Its feature called HiHello Business offers all the standard benefits of its free plan whereas its premium plans come with additional benefits like custom URLs, corporate branding and administrative control. Some of its exclusive features are:
- NFC feature that allows users to share digital cards with a single tap via an NFC tag
- Efficient management of contacts through customization of the address book with notes and tags
- Sharing of digital cards through displaying QR codes on virtual backgrounds during con-calls on Zoom and Google Meet
- Facility to share virtual cards from the lock screen
- Transcription of physical cards into digital ones within 24-48 business hours
Switchit is yet another resourceful card-creating app that concentrates on simplicity. With its powerful yet easy-to-use tools, Switchit makes it possible for people to easily create, share and manage virtual business cards. It has follow-up reminders to alert users about business meetings.
It is available for free but it also has premium plans that offer additional features to users. Its free plan permits users to have four digital cards in which they can include a profile video of 25-seconds duration (which is 90 seconds for the paid version). Its other highlighted features include:
- File and document attachment facility within business cards like a whitepaper, PDF form, etc.
- Easy addition and editing of contacts along with the ability to export contacts and add notes
- Sync with other productive apps including Google Calendar, iCloud Calendar and Microsoft Outlook
- Easy sharing of cards with foreign business prospects via text messaging
Digital business card creators have simplified the process of managing business contacts for both B2B and B2C organizations. However, an interesting point is that the genre itself presents a wonderful business opportunity by having one’s own electronic business card creation app.
Author – Albert Smith is Digital Marketing Manager at Hidden Brains, a leading software development company specializing in mobile & web apps. He provides innovative ways to help tech companies, startups, and large enterprises build their brand.