Whenever you are in the business of digital marketing you will be under the sustained pressure of thinking about ways to reduce spam rates for your business. You have to know about the spam traps, anti-spam laws, and spam trigger words. Though Internet service providers are conducting a vicious justified battle with the spammers then also you can be marked as spam by your subscribers in itself.
Now if we draw our attention to the most common and widely used forum of converting the content of your business that is through email, it is confirmed from various hypotheses that only 79% of emails sent by genuine email marketers get to the subscriber’s inboxes. And this circulation of spam through email can cause irreparable damage to the company.
Though cold emailing is difficult, you have to struggle to search for suitable words that will attract subscribers to open your email. It enriches the open rates of the email as well as the spam rates too.
To eradicate this spam rate for your business quick procures are discussed to lower your spam score
First, you must know about spam traps and spam filters.
1. Spam traps
The defense which arises by ISP against the spammers is called spam traps. These spam traps are some email addresses that are sketched for tracking the spammers. If your email strikes such a designed address, the email account will be immediately detected as a spammer by ISP and after that, the particular IP address gets blocked. Then it may take a long time to restore it.
So, this is how spam traps exert to reduce spam rates.
2. Spam filters
A spam filter helps in filtering out unwanted and unsought emails before reaching into the subscribers’ inboxes. It scrutinizes targeted emails to make sure that poor content never reaches the customers’ inboxes.
3. You should have to create a text version
The email message should have a fixed version that should not vary from HTML messages.
4. You should avoid spam-sensitive words and phrases
Avoid spam-sensitive words such as Soma, Valium and avoid mentioning the names of the drugs along with the names of the pharmacies, Viagra, and fast delivery. Avoid attempting illicit words in brief. It should be said that you should avoid all the words which a spammer usually uses.
Avoid creating hyperlinks consisting of the URL in between the opening and closing tag, because some email interprets this as a bluejacking attempt. As the original link is replaced by the pic server domain, the Link may get blocked because clients will discover this deviation which may mislead the subscribers.
6. Using a proper address while creating it
You have to maintain some decorum while creating the address.
You should not and the address using digits. (e. g firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Avoid starting your address using digits at the beginning. (e. G email@example.com)
- You should not use a FREE Email address such as Yahoo Gmail at the place of “from address”.
- Create your subject line without capitalizing the words in the body of the message.
- Do not use dollars in the subject line.
- Avoid provoking the subscribers by giving any kinds of false promises.
- You have to use short image names rather than using a long one.
- Your email should have contained a normal image ratio.
- Make the HTML code clean and clear.
- Try to avoid HTML errors and obscure contents
- You should use different font colors of HTML which is different from its background and large font sizes must be used.
- You should not hide text or other content.
8. Using a recognized sender’s name
It is always preferable to send emails from a recognized sender which consists of a personal name along with the brand name so that the receiver can recognize it easily.
A total study reveals that only 45% of the receiver shakes whether it’s a spam email or not.
Spam technology also poses some filtering which gathers detailed information about the details of IP address and the domain.
Frequent changes of the source of IP often signal the ESP and they perform a cross-check and if any blacklisted address is found then it will be filtered out. Changing the email address frequently annoys the subscribers and being confused they can mark you
9. You should avoid breaking your decorum while dealing with people
You should keep a very polite gesture while communicating with people through email. As because there is no scope of viewing your physical gesture, you have to maintain it through the writing of the body of the message.
Research says that 85% prefer writing in the lower case. If the subject line is written in the upper case, it not only annoys the receiver but also makes them bound to mark you as spam.
It is important to write the email in short and having a nosy subject line must be there.
Research reveals that the rate gets 45% higher if the subject line consists of question marks rather than containing exclamation points.
10. Enrollment of Can-Spam Act
The enforcement of laws that consist of rules for commercial email and provides the rights to the receiver to stop emailing them and gives penalties in case of any violation. The Spam act covers every electronic email message, which is for commercial advertisement or promotion of any product. Apart from that, it includes commercial websites too.
Its main requirements are
- Avoid using misleading header information.
- Should use an accurate subject line.
- Conspicuous end of such message which should be clearly understood.
- Provide valid physical postal addresses.
- Try to use creative types of size colors to improve the clarity of your email.
- You should monitor the company which you have hired to handle the email marketing. You cannot withdraw yourself from examining the whole procedure and comply with the law.
Penalties for violating the laws
- Each email will be subject to bearings up to $43, 793 or more if it violates the regulations.
- Section 5 of the FTC act provides the scale of fine.
- The other provisions include imprisonment in case of Accessing someone’s computer to send a spam
- Registering for more than one email accounts for giving false information
- Generating email addresses through a dictionary attack by harvesting emails.
- Taking advantage of open proxies without taking permission from the company.
There can be found two golden rules for email deliverability.
- USP has the power to solve your deliverability issues if you do not stop purchasing email lists.
- Even one beautiful template cannot bring about the conversation if it is marked as a spam folder.
Try out all the tips that are mentioned prior while reviewing your email, otherwise, you can turn on your computer and open one email, After that go to next of the sender’s names, then click on unsubscribe if you want to unsubscribe or block the Id, and mark it as spam.
The tips will help you to reduce the spam rate for your business.
Authors – Claire Mark is an investment and strategic planning consultant at Alcor, a global investment bank. She’s best known for her insightful blogs on business growth, startups, small businesses, and investments. Claire also has a good network in the Finance industry, especially the investors’ community. Apart from her work, she loves to bake and go out for gadget-free nature walks.