Math, as a subject matter, is often mistaken for something overly convoluted and fearful. But, the other side of the coin tells a different story altogether. According to eminent academic researchers, Mathematics has numerous avenues for students to explore if they want to bag a lucrative job. From intelligence analysis to operational research and financial analysis to software engineering, there is a countless list of prosperous employment opportunities in this field.
So, now that you are already eager to explore the bigger picture, take some time out to read this insightful blog. It shall introduce you to the six top-ranking job avenues you can explore with Mathematics as your specialization subject.
1. Operations Research Analyst
Operations research analysts are high-level problem solvers with in-depth knowledge across the various essentialities that require core Mathematical insights.
Here’s a glimpse of the job role you should carry as an Operations Research Analyst.
- An ORA is supposed to use advanced techniques such as optimization, data mining, mathematical modeling, and statistical analysis to develop solutions.
- They use their problem-solving skills to delve deep into the pain point, evaluate the same, and derive the needful solutions at the end of it.
- They are dedicated to developing solutions that will help business organizations cater to consumer demands and other technical necessities in a better way.
Salary: As an Operations Research Analyst, you can expect to draw a salary of $70,616 per year.
Actuaries are strategic thinkers and problem-solvers. They use their mathematical skills to gauge the probability of future risks and other upheavals concerning an organization. Also, they are dedicated to measuring the probability of any upcoming trend and other events across different sectors.
So, let’s take a close look at the key responsibilities of an actuary.
- Actuaries evaluate risks, scopes, and opportunities related to a particular job field, business organization, and other areas.
- They are dedicated to performing extensive financial analysis across a wide range of corporate setbacks and real-life hurdles.
- It is undeniably a challenging yet interesting career choice that allows you to explore a wider range of mathematical applications in daily life essentialities.
Salary: As a diligent actuary, you stand a chance to earn a salary of $ 1,30,025 per year.
No prize for guessing, you can always bag the lucrative and honorable job of a mathematician if you have if you are good in Maths with zeal to explore more. Well, here is a snippet of the key job roles of a mathematician.
Have a look.
- Mathematicians dealing with code-breaking technicalities and cryptoanalysis are supposed to evaluate and decipher encryption systems and codes.
- Also, a mathematician deals with the criticalities of attempting and solving Math problem sums and helps students in overcoming the hurdle with precision.
- A diligently dedicated Mathematician plays the role of a lecturer or full-time professor as well.
- Thus, there are multiple avenues one can explore, being a part of this particular profession.
Salary: You can earn $107,280 a year as a mathematician.
Statisticians are in great demand these days. If you are good at Maths and hone statistical skills and insights into the subject matter, then this job is for you. Take a look at the primary job responsibilities associated with the role of a Statistician.
- A statistician is dedicated to gathering data that is necessary or critical to the research being conducted.
- It can be based on any topic under the sun. From corporate criticalities to other statistical counts and surveys; it’s an endless list.
- Statisticians analyze, gather, and interpret data to help business organizations in making crucial decisions.
- You need to be good in maths and proficient in the field of Statistics as well if you wish to make a living out of this profession.
Salary: As a Statistician, you can expect to earn a salary of $118,790 per year.
5. Financial Analyst
Quite similar to each of the career options mentioned above, the job of a Financial Analyst is in great demand.
Here’s a quick glance at the definitive job roles of an ideal financial analyst.
- They are trained and instructed to evaluate all forms of investment opportunities one can explore in areas like pension funds, banks, securities firms, mutual funds, and the likes.
- The financial analysts are responsible for measuring and studying current and historical financial data.
- Also, the analysts are dedicated to studying different business and economic trends.
- This helps them to tally various data, survey reports, and other insights in an organized manner.
- Company officials are mostly dependent on financial analysts for their farsightedness, industry knowledge, and technical knowledge.
Salary: As a promising and knowledgeable financial analyst, you can earn $118,790 per year.
Talking of amazing career options one can explore in the field of Maths, the job role of an Auditor gets a special mention.
Here are a couple of more insights into this lucrative employment opportunity.
- Auditors are supposed to evaluate, examine and prepare financial records.
- They are also dedicated to explaining each financial finding to the key stakeholders of the firm.
- Internal auditors are assigned the responsibility to check for mismanagement of the firm’s financial funds other discrepancies.
- Also, financial auditors are responsible for digging deeper and figuring every possible loophole that could lead a company towards suffering financial loss.
- On the basis of in-depth scrutiny of each relevant data and statistical insights, a financial auditor jots down the actionable points for the organization to follow.
Salary: A promising and experienced auditor can earn a salary of $70,500 per year.
Now that you are aware of the incredibly exciting career opportunities you can explore as a student of Mathematics, set your best foot forward with confidence. The next time you would use a Math problem solver to go about an assignment or try to untangle the knot evaluation by yourself, think of the immense opportunistic avenues the subject matter has to offer. I am sure you will feel motivated towards exploring the lesser-known facets of Mathematics.