OST and PST files are the Microsoft Exchange and Outlook files that perform some specific functions. However, users might face some issues in accessing their crucial OST data. When the Exchange server is not available then users’ cannot access their mailbox database. MS Exchange might face some technical issues, downtime, and crash problems. In such situations, users’ prefer to export OST to PST format supported by MS Outlook. Now the topic of discussion is “how to convert OST to PST format of Outlook?” Well, PST (Personal Storage Table) files are supported by Microsoft Outlook and can easily be accessed and portable in nature. Users’ cannot directly access the OST files in Microsoft Outlook and first need to convert OST to PST to access files in Outlook. OST files (Offline Storage Table) are supported by MS Exchange and users’ can easily work on the files in offline mode when there is limited or no internet connectivity. The changes then made by the user will get updated once the connectivity is re-established. PST files save the mailbox items such as emails, contacts, tasks, etc.
Here in this article, we will be discussing the best recommended methods available for the solution to how to convert OST file to PST format. We are going to provide manual as well as the automated OST to PST Converter to convert OST to PST effortlessly.
Before going to the methods for OST to PST migration, let’s first understand some reasons why users’ need to export OST files to PST.
Need to Transfer OST to PST Outlook
We have listed some of the common reasons here for which users need to perform OST to PST migration. Go through the reasons below.
- Accidental deletion of the Exchange server account – If unfortunately the user has accidentally deleted his Exchange server account then, it is suggested to transfer OST to PST format of Outlook.
- Exchange server maintenance – If there is an outage due to Exchange server maintenance, it becomes quite important to have access to the crucial mailbox items. The business might be affected as the downtime can be long enough. So, it is recommended to export exchange OST to PST to keep access to the database.
- Rebuild OST file – Suppose the user needs to rebuild the OST file however there are some unsaved data present in the file. In this situation, the user can convert OST file into Outlook PST.
- For backup purposes – The user can create a backup of the crucial data to never lose access to the important database.
- Exchange server crash or failure – There might be any reason when Exchange server gets crashed or there is a system failure or virus attack then, users will not be able to connect with the exchange server. Then the user can avoid such a situation by transferring OST to PST.
These are a few reasons why users need to export OST to PST. Now, how to convert OST to PST? Let’s go through different methods for OST to PST migration.
How to Convert OST to PST Manually?
Manual strategies to export OST to PST are provided below. However there might be several limitations as there are risks of human errors which can lead to severe data loss. So if the user is following the manual steps, then it is suggested to create a duplicate copy of original OST data to be exported. Then, follow the given steps.
Method 1: Import/ Export
- Sign in to Microsoft Outlook
- Click on the File tab.
- Select the Import/Export option.
- Click on Export to a file.
- Press the Next button.
- Now Select the Personal File folder (.pst).
- Click on the Parent root.
- Check on the include subfolders
- Navigate to the path to store the data.
- Click on the finish button.
Method 2: Outlook Archive Option
- Launch Microsoft Outlook.
- Go to the File section
- Click on Options
- Now, click on the Advanced section
- Click on Auto Archive settings…
- Navigate to the path to save archived files.
- Click on the OK button.
- More time consuming and tedious process.
- Unable to convert the corrupt OST files.
- Good Outlook knowledge and technical knowledge is required.
- High risk of data loss.
How to Convert OST to PST Without Outlook Professionally?
There are numerous professional methods available for OST to PST Conversion but users’ must opt for a well known and trusted method to work on the crucial database. There are tools available that may harm the data as well. So it is suggested to use a reliable solution. DRS OST to PST Converter is one of the advanced and cost-effective methods. It allows users to export OST to PST, MBOX, EML, EMLX, HTML, PDF, CSV, Gmail, Thunderbird, Office 365, IMAP, Yandex Mail, etc. The software is smooth and easy to use. It offers a user-friendly interface and users’ doesn’t require any technical knowledge to run the utility. It is compatible with entire Mac and Windows versions. The free OST to PST Converter is also available as a demo version that allows users to transfer 50 emails for free. There is no risk of data loss and the data integrity is always maintained during the whole process of conversion. It also facilitates users with a preview option to view the converted files prior saving.
- Export Outlook OST to PST, EML, MBOX, EMLX, CSV, PDF, HTML, Gmail, AOL, Yandex Mail, IMAP, Thunderbird, etc.
- Supports the migration of corrupt OST files.
- No file size restrictions
- Provides preview option prior to saving.
- No risk of data loss
- No technical expertise required.
- The free OST to PST Converter demo version can easily convert the 50 emails per folder for free.
- Supports the entire Windows and Mac versions.
- Exports all the mailbox items such as emails, calendar, contacts, tasks, etc.
Above in this article, we have discussed the best methods available for the users query about how to convert OST to PST Outlook. In the end, we can conclude that the manual technique has several drawbacks that we have already discussed above. So it is suggested to the users to use a reliable OST to PST Converter which provides more accurate and reliable results. Users can use any of the methods provided as per their convenience.