So, you are thinking of writing or starting a health blog? Well, you have come to the right place as we will list the best tips that will help you set up a successful wellness and health blog correctly.
To start a health blog, first, you need to understand who is a health blogger? They are the people who write blogs about medical and health topics. They can be experts in the field with full certificates and licenses. Or they liaison with medical and health experts and write a blog with full research and details.
If you are looking to start a wellness blog, keep in mind that you cannot write about things that you don’t understand. Having proper knowledge is vital because you are aiming to better someone’s life with your writing. So, are you ready to look into tips and tricks that can help you run a successful health and fitness blog?
1. Finding a niche is vital
You may hear this tip numerous times, and yet if you don’t believe in it, your blog will not pick up.
If you want to start a health and wellness blog that is a success, you have to find your niche. It is all about picking a topic or area which you are an expert in or about which you can write well.
Isn’t health and wellness a niche, you may ask? No, it is a broad subject which has countless sub-categories, like diet, workout, yoga, nutrients, and so on.
To ensure that you add something of value to your audience, find out what your niche is and what your audience is feeling. Their doubts, problems, desires, and so on will help you figure out what you want to write about.
So, figuring out who your audiences are and what they are looking for is imperative for your blog’s success.
2. Get inspiration
Whether you are new to writing or not, getting guidance and help from experts is always a great idea. So, before you start your health and fitness blog, read other people’s work, preferably who are leading the industry and the search engine. Look at their writing style, what techniques they are using, what are they missing which you can think work for you, say like images or infographics or more? Reading other professional blogs helps you understand the structure that people are looking for from such blogs. Also, taking inspiration doesn’t mean that you can copy their work or distort it into your work by twisting some words.
3. Design your website
A health and fitness blog doesn’t have to be dull or boring. When you are designing your website using WordPress, make sure you choose a soothing yet lively theme. Also, you can use a template so that all your posts are consistent in their look and theme.
- It might also be a good idea to have a tagline for your blog and a logo. If you want your blog to be a brand, these two things are essential for it. For designing the logo, use Canva and put it on the top left side of every web page of your blog.
- Also, make sure that the blog’s design is such that everyone can navigate it with ease. It should not be too complex that your audience is unable to search for posts or so on.
- Lastly, ensure that it works seamlessly on mobile. All these designing points are vital to success.
4. Work on your content
A health and wellness blog will be high on content. Sure, using images, infographics, or even videos are important to add more visuals to your blog. But depending on your niche, it may focus more on the text.
In any case, working on your content has to be your top priority, especially before launching your website. Never go public unless you have at least five blog posts to show to people. Here are some more tips:
- Form a schedule and be consistent with it. If you want to post four blogs a month, it is okay, but make sure you don’t decrease the number, but only increase it.
- Plan a whole week or maybe two week’s content. It will help you write and do research better.
- Make sure you edit your work relentlessly before publishing it. Hire an editor or use online editing tools for the same.
5. Work on SEO
The aim of starting a blog is not only to help others. You also want to earn money from it or leads for your brand. So, working on SEO is the best marketing strategy you have. Tips:
- Write guest posts on top blogs from your niche. Make sure you follow the guidelines.
- Do some freelancing work so that you can add your link in the post. It is the best way to get organic links.
- Connect one blog post of yours to other posts on the blog. It can help people stay on your website for long, which helps with SERPs.
- Comment on people’s blogs and react to people’s comments on your blog.
6. Find new ideas for your blog
Be on top of trends from your industries and niche. They are the best way to get ideas for your wellness and health blogs.
- When you write well and first on a trending topic, you are likely to garner more audience and interest.
- Also, use social media to ask your readers what they want the next blog? It can certainly help you with tons of ideas.
There are so many social media platforms for you to promote your blog on. Make sure you are at least on the big three- Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook, if you cannot manage all of them.
They are the best place to connect with your audience and encourage them to go check out your blog. You can do this by uploading appealing content from the blog, like an image or an infographic or the first paragraph of the blog, say on Twitter.
Keep in mind that if you are creating images for social media, they have to be original and edited well using a great tool like Canva.