Over 500 million active users are using Instagram Stories, and it’s sure in the future, sharing content to Instagram stories will be doubled when compared to Instagram feed.
Instagram’s in-built feature allows users to create, edit, and upload content in a slideshow setup. And Instagram stories disappear after a day from uploading time. Unlike feed posts, Instagram stories bring you to add text overlays, emoji, stickers, effects, and filters to make your video or photo more attractive.
How To Upload A Story Content
- Launch your Instagram account
- You will get your profile image on the top left side
- Click your profile image, and you will be directed to the story camera
- You will get the various option at your camera screen’s bottom to use in your story content
- Click on a shutter icon to shot a picture or hold it to take a video content
- Or click the gallery option from your screen’s bottom-left side, and choose a photo or video
- Once you have selected your image, you can edit it through multiple Instagram story options
- Then, click the ‘send to’ option to share your Instagram story content.
Perfect Instagram Story Photo Size
The perfect photo size of an Instagram story is 1920px high by 1080px wide and has an aspect ratio of 9:16. You could post any size of Instagram stories, but it brings the photo perfect fit with the frame width default. You can adjust your Instagram story content using your index finger and thumb to zoom out or zoom in on an image.
Unique Features Of Instagram Story
You need to go with more creativity and utilize every option from the Instagram stories feature to reach your target audience. The following options are available when you open the story’s camera:
Type: It is used to bring up a message through texts using multiple fonts and screen colors.
Music: It allows you to select the right music related to your image or video content.
Live: You can go live with your Instagram fans for nearly an hour using this option that acquires auto likes on Instagram promptly, and also, you can save the Livestream after the session.
Boomerang: This option helps you to take nearly 20 images and then play into a video loop.
Superzoom: It’s a fantastic tool to bring your content with practical sound effects and filters.
Rewind: It helps in sharing your video in reverse position.
Add Music To Your Story Content
- Create a story content
- Click the ‘smiley’ option at your screen’s top
- Select music
- Use the search bar or scroll up to choose the music or song
- Then, set the part of the music for your content
- Click ‘Done’ to play
- Click ‘Send To’ to publish your story content
Add Multiple Photos To Your Story Content
- Open your camera on Instagram story
- Click select multiple, and choose the videos and photos you need to include in your story content
- Click next to have stickers, music, or text
- Again, click next
- Finally, click ‘Send To’ to publish your story content.
Saving and Reposting Instagram Stories
There are various ways to save and share Instagram story content even after it disappears.
Download A Story Content
- You can save every Instagram story automatically to your gallery. Follow the instructions to bring it up:
- Launch your Instagram stories, and click the settings option
- Find the ‘Saving’ option and on ‘save to camera roll.’
- If you want to save your story content within Instagram but not on the gallery, then on ‘save to archive.’
Save Your Story Content To Highlights
Highlights are one of Instagram’s in-built features that allows everyone to save their story content on their Instagram profile for an excess of time. You could bring as many highlights as you can and include many story content to each highlight. Here is an easy way to save your story content to highlights:
- Launch Instagram stories and click on story content that you need to save to your story highlights.
- Click on the ‘Highlight’ option at the screen’s bottom.
- A new highlight menu would display. Select ‘New’ if you have never made an Instagram highlight before.
- A menu will appear where you could add a name and category to your highlight. Then, your Instagram highlight displays under the bio section on your Instagram profile.
Save Someone’s Story Content
The simplest way to save someone’s story content is to utilize your iPhone’s in-built screen recorder feature. Here is how you can save someone’s story content:
- Launch your Instagram settings and go to the control center & customize controls.
- Get the ‘Screen Recording’ option and click on the ‘+’ symbol next to it. Then, it accesses the swipe-up option to your Instagram stories.
- To do a screen record, go to the story content that you need to save and just swipe up on your mobile screen.
- Click on the ‘Screen Recorder’ option.
- The app starts recording all the things from your screen after the three seconds countdown. Then go back to the story content you need to record.
- Click on the ‘Screen Recorder’ option again to stop recording.
- The video gets automatically saved to your gallery.
Repost A Story Content
Instagram introduced a feature in late 2018 that brings you to repost story content easily that you are tagged in. It’s a perfect way to interact with fans and friends via sharing related content on your Instagram story. Here are the points on how to bring it:
- If your friends tag you in their story content, you will get a notification in the DM. above the story image, the text would say, ‘@username mentioned you in their story.’ Below that, it shows ‘Add this to your story.’
- Click it, and the platform gets you to your story section.
- The exact story content appears, and you can add stickers, texts, etc.
- Then, click the ‘Add to Stories’ to add your story content to your Instagram stories.
“Swipe Up” Feature On Instagram Story
This Instagram feature is available only to the business profiles that have over 10K followers. The feature allows the audience to swipe up on an Instagram story and directs to a URL of your selection. It’s perfect for professional photographers, businesses, and bloggers with active online shops, as many profiles are allowed to add only one clickable link on their profile.
If you view an Instagram story content and get a swipe-up option, then the story’s content creator adds a link to their shopping page or any target page of their knowledge. You can swipe up to view the target page if you are interested. When you are about to complete, you can tap the ‘X’ symbol on the screen to return to the platform.
Delete A Story Content
Accepting the quote, “Creating something will be harder, but destroying it seems to be an easy process.” In the same way, you can quickly delete your Instagram story content through the following steps:
- Go to the story content you want to delete and click the three dots at your screen’s bottom right corner.
- A pop-up appears now, and ‘delete’ would be the first option.
- Click ‘Delete,’ and your story content disappears.
If you need to delete every story, you will go to each story content and delete them individually.
Instagram story content is a fun way to share your unique content throughout the day. Try out with different effects, videos, and pictures to absorb a great idea of what your audience wants to get from you. If your story content gets more views, then your stunning content resonates with them.
Author – Mary Kyle is a content developer and marketing manager who works at Snaphappen. She has written more trending articles on social media and has a handful of experience in delivering engaging content.